This weekend is the perfect opportunity to explore Chicago’s Little Italy neighborhood, which hosts the Festa Italiana or Italian Festival. From August 18-21, you’ll encounter a lively celebration with authentic Italian music from live bands, traditional Old World cuisine, dancing, shopping and games. The festival takes place on Taylor Street in Ashland, and features the following highlights:
- Meatball and cannoli eating contests
- Italian and Italian-American singers and live bands
- Tarantella folk dance performance and lessons
- Italian card games
- Italian-themed art, Christmas ornaments, and unique merchandise
- Trolley tours of Little Italy
- Shrine of Our Lady of Pompeii procession
- Traditional Italian marching band
- Wine garden
- Cultural exhibits
- Italian cuisine in booths and outdoor cafes
- … plus much more!
Are you doing to the Festa Italiana? Stay nearby at our award-winning hotel. Enjoy delectable Italian dining at our on-site pizza parlor, Pizzeria Ora. Relax in a comfortable, newly renovated room and watch a classic movie on a flat screen TV. Explore all the top Chicago events and attractions from our prime location in the River North neighborhood. Do you have questions about our unique hotel? Ready to book? Please contact us today at 1 (312) 467-0800 for more information and to make your reservations.