Are you looking for Chicago’s best Irish pubs and taverns? There’s plenty of competition – and everyone seems to have an opinion about which bars are the best. Whether you’re thirsty for a pint of Guinness or some Irish whiskey, you’ll find the perfect libation to wet your whistle at this top Irish bars:
- Chief O’Neills Pub – Warm up by three fireplaces at this convivial pub, which features live Irish music (including bagpipes) every Sunday.
- Galway Arms – You’ll encounter actual Irish staff members at this authentic bar, a cozy hangout with vintage woodwork and a delicious menu of elevated pub cuisine.
- O’Callaghan’s – Located near our hotel in River North, this watering hole is an easygoing destination any time of day or night. It stays open until 4 am, and serves a late-night menu of nosh.
- Shinnick’s Pub – Opened the day after Prohibition ended, this laid-back bar is a local favorite – and a great place to watch the White Sox.
- Harrigan’s Pub – Known for a bar made out of Irish pennies, this lively tavern gets packed on Friday and Saturday nights with a fun-loving crowd.
No matter where you find your perfect pour – stay at our award-winning hotel, and enjoy warm hospitality and first-class amenities. Would you like more travel tips? Do you have questions about Chicago’s best Irish pubs? Please contact us today.