You’re in Chicago and your family is hungry. Well you’ve come to the right place! No other city boasts such a rich and diverse culinary scene. And that’s just at the Taste of Chicago! But the trick is finding great food that everyone in your family will enjoy and won’t break the bank. We’d like to share 5 of our favorite family-friendly restaurants in downtown Chicago that offer great food at a great value!
1. Rainforest Cafe- It’s hard to miss the smiling frog that ushers you from the urban jungle of Chicago into a rain forest complete with waterfalls, elephants and a lightning storm every so often. It’s all about the atmosphere at Rainforest Cafe and no one does it better. Great restaurant for younger children.
2. Portillo’s Hot Dogs – A Chicago favorite for years! They serve up amazing Chicago style hot dogs, Italian beefs and burgers at an unbeatable price. It’s a quick and easy option for families on the go. Expect a big lunchtime crowd.
3. Ed Debevic’s – This 50’s themed diner just might be the most fun diner in Chicago. The sassy servers dance on tables and aren’t shy about letting you know just what they’re thinking. Even your hard-to-please teenager will enjoy it.
4. Hard Rock Cafe- Celebrating 25 years in Chicago, this well known restaurant is a music lover’s paradise. Gaze up to see walls decked out in all kinds of rock memorabilia. Or better yet, stick around for a live music performance. And don’t forget to grab that Hard Rock Cafe Chicago t-shirt to add to your collection.
5. Maggiano’s – Enjoy authentic Italian cuisine that is affordable. The portions are large and the food is excellent. It’s a great place to slow down and re-connect with family or celebrate a special event.
**During the month of July, mention the password FIREWORKS to our front desk when you check-in and receive a special surprise**