This week we’ve compiled a list of 5 great tours for seeing Chicago! These are all only minutes from our downtown hotel and each is sure to enrich your experience of visiting the Windy City. Enjoy!
1. Chicago Greeter. This tour is offered by the city, is customizable, and is absolutely FREE! You simply contact the Chicago Greeter program and tell them what you want to see and when, and they’ll find knowledgeable locals and put together a tour for you and your interests, no matter how quirky! This is an awesome way to get behind-the-scenes looks at otherwise inaccessible places. But heads up! You must book at least two weeks in advance and the tours are restricted to visitors only. Sorry Chicagoans!
2. Chicago Trolley and Double Decker Co. That’s right, with this tour you get a fun ride on some historic hardware! These red trolleys/buses can always be seen in downtown Chicago and their open upper decks are perfect for viewing Chicago’s tallest buildings and skyscrapers. In addition, this tour is Hop On/Hop Off-style. Want to visit the Skydeck? Craving some Garrett’s popcorn? Just hop off (once the bus has stopped) and explore! Another bus or trolley will be along shortly, and you can get back on at your leisure. This is a great way to explore a lot of the city in one tour.
3. Chicago Architectural Boat Tours. Take a cruise on the Chicago River and see the amazing architecture, both historic and modern, that gives our city its character. These tours are great and perhaps give a better vantage point for site-seeing than walking the streets. Many different companies offer these tours, but you can find one here.
4. Absolutely Chicago Segway Tours. Have you ever been walking and wished you could just zoom along the sidewalk in a style reminiscent of the Jetsons? Well dreams do come true! These loveable, two-wheeled machines make navigating the walkways of Chicago a breeze. If you’re looking for a fun tour, especially for a family with older children, we recommend this segway tour.
5. Weird Chicago. If you’re looking for a unique tour, look no further! Weird Chicago explores “ghosts, gangsters, and ghouls” of Chicago, taking you to reportedly haunted sites, former hangouts of mobsters, and more. Perfect for the Halloween season and those looking for less of a conventional tour.
Don’t see a tour for you? Simply let us know your interests or what you’re looking for. And book a room for your visit now at Best Western Plus River North Hotel.