Millennium Park in Chicago is one heck of a beautiful park.
Covering 24 awesome acres, this downtown oasis always has something going on and you will always be enchanted, enthralled, and entertained. Now let’s skip the hyperbole and get to the top five things you must do at Millennium Park.
1. Let’s say you want to learn more about the park. The best way is to embark on a guided tour. There are a couple of tours from which to choose.
Available everyday at 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., May through October, the Greeter Tour includes lots of details about the unique art and architecture. The 45-minute tour is free and no reservations are needed but space is limited to 10 people.
For those keen on nature, the 20-minute Lurie Garden Guided Walk is just what the horticulturist ordered. You’ll learn about the design and native plants of the garden and how you can apply it to your own patch of greenery at home.
2. Bike enthusiasts will be very enthusiastic about The McDonald’s Cycle Center. You can rent a bike or take a bike or Segway tour.
The Center also features lockers, showers, and even a bike repair shop. Go figure.
3. Sitting atop AT&T Plaza, the 110-ton sculpture known as “The Bean” boasts a 12-foot arch that acts as a gate to the chamber below.
Visitors can see their image reflected in the mirror-like surface, making the extremely large piece extremely interactive.
4. You’ll also want to check out the Crown Fountain designed by Spanish artists Jaume Plensa.
The fountain features two 50-foot-high glass block towers that are stationed at the both ends of a reflecting pool. Video images and lights emanate from the towers while water flows from the top of each one.
5. The fifth and final top thing to do is catch an outdoor concert at Jay Pritzker Pavilion. Designed by award-winning architect Frank Gehry, this stunning venue is home to the Grant Park Music Festival as well as a myriad of marvelous free concerts and events.
Learn more about these cool Millennium Park things to do along with a boatload of others by visiting http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/millennium_park.html.
Book your Chicago stay easily with us and enjoy Free Parking downtown – www.rivernorthhotel.com.