Lace up and glide out – or wobbly slowly as you skate your way around the rink before taking a hot cocoa break. Either way, going ice skating at Millennium Park is an iconic winter activity in Chicago. Over 100,000 skaters sail across the ice every season at the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink, which features free skating and free skating lessons. No skates? No problem! Skate rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis for $12 in sizes Toddler 8 through Adult 13. Lockers are available to rent for $1, and you’ll also find skate sharpening for $9 if your personal skates need a little upkeep. The McCormick Tribune Ice Rink will be open this winter on the following schedule:
- Mondays through Thursdays: 12 pm to 8 pm
- Fridays: 12 pm to 10 pm (free ice skating lessons at 11 am)
- Saturdays through January 7: 10 am to 10 pm (free ice skating lessons at 9 am)
- Saturdays January 14-March 4: 10 am to 9 pm (free ice skating lessons at 9 am)
- Sundays: 10 am to 9 pm (free ice skating lessons at 9 am)
The ice rink features special holiday hours for major holidays; be sure to check the website before you go. And don’t forget to bundle up! Planning a winter escape this year? Explore all the best Chicago events and attractions when you stay at our unique hotel in River North. We offer an award-winning travel experience, with friendly service and premium amenities. Make your booking today!